There have been dozens of TV moms over the years, but June Cleaver of the series Leave It to Beaver has once again been named the TV mom Americans would most like to have had growing up.
Actress Barbara Billingsley’s June Cleaver is the top ranked mom in a new survey conducted by The Harris Poll. Maybe it was the fresh baked cookies she had waiting for the Beaver when he got home from school.
Claire Huxtable of The Cosby Show was ranked second, followed by Carol Brady of The Brady Bunch.
The top three rankings match a Harris Poll that asked the same question back in 2008.
Marion Cunningham from Happy Days and Donna Stone from The Donna Reed Show were tied for fourth.
Michelle Duggar of the reality show 19 Kids and Counting was ranked tenth.
Lorelei Gilmore of Gilmore Girls and Marge Simpson of The Simpsons were on the list in the 2008 poll, but dropped off this year.
Here’s The Harris Poll’s rankings of TV Moms Americans would most like to have had as a mom when they were growing up:
1. June Cleaver, Leave It to Beaver
2. Claire Huxtable, The Cosby Show
3. Carol Brady, The Brady Bunch
4. Marion Cunningham, Happy Days & Donna Stone, The Donna Reed Show (tie)
6. Harriet Nelson, The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet
7. Lucy Ricardo, I Love Lucy
8. Samantha Stevens, Bewitched
9. Roseanne Connor, Roseanne
10. Michelle Duggar, 19 Kids and Counting
The Harris Poll was conducted online between April 10 and 15, 2013 and involved 2,345 adults.